in my mailbox (11)

This should be the last of the scheduled posts! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!


For review:
The Magician King, Lev Grossman
Cold Kiss, Amy Garvey
A Beautiful Dark, Jocelyn Davies

I'm thrilled that I got approved for The Magician King! I haven't yet finished The Magician, but after I finish a few other books it's next on my pile. Very much looking forward to it. I've heard great things about The Girl of Fire and Thorns and am also happy to be reading it. Cold Kiss sounds like a quick, fun read and A Beautiful Dark has been getting some excellent reviews so I thought I'd try it, too. (Her pose on the cover looks entirely uncomfortable!)

Library:
Hereafter, Tara Hudson
Outside In, Maria V. Snyder

I've actually finished both of these already. And, well, I tried to like Hereafter but the whole book was a huge struggle as it's pretty much the definition of instashipping in YA. Outside In was not as good as the first one, but still fast-paced and addictive. I've written reviews for both of them but I'll have to think on if I'm going to post them here or not.

Purchased:
Waterfall, Lisa T. Bergren
This one was free with my Borders rewards points! (I also pre-ordered Rachel Vincent's If I Die.) Every time I think of this one I can't help but wonder if it's a YA version of Gabaldon's Outlander series (which I never finished). Still, I have to admit I'm a big fan of historical fiction and I really really need to get caught up with my to-review pile so I can start it!


18 comments on "in my mailbox (11)"

Jules wrote: Sun Jul 10, 11:26:00 AM

It looks like you've got some great books this week! :)

Enjoy.

http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/


Jordyn wrote: Sun Jul 10, 11:51:00 AM

Wow, the covers of THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS and A BEAUTIFUL dark are kind of similar -- interesting. I've heard a lot of good things about INSIDE OUT but haven't read it yet... hopefully you'll be reviewing it. :)

My IMM.


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Sun Jul 10, 12:01:00 PM

I can't wait to read the books from Netgalley! I'm so excited. I hope you enjoy Hereafter, I really liked it. :) Enjoy!


Alissa wrote: Sun Jul 10, 12:29:00 PM

Cold Kiss looks really good. I've heard some good and bad things about it, though. Hope it's worth it!


Carolina M. Valdez Schneider wrote: Sun Jul 10, 01:09:00 PM

I LOVED The Girl of Fire and Thorns! What a fab bunch of books all around!


~Sara @ Just Another Story wrote: Sun Jul 10, 01:12:00 PM

Cold Kiss looks SO good! I want to get my hands on that book so badly!!

I hope you enjoy it!!!!

Swing by my blog and check out my mailbox--> http://unautrehistoire.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-3.html

Happy Reading!


Anonymous wrote: Sun Jul 10, 03:50:00 PM

I really want to read Waterfall! Have fun reading your new books :)

Amy @ Turn the Page


Shelagh wrote: Sun Jul 10, 04:32:00 PM

Hey there Kaye. Your books for review are all new to me and look like they will be worth checking out. I'll keep an eye out for your reviews.

Happy reading!

Shelagh
The Word Fiend


Jenny wrote: Sun Jul 10, 04:48:00 PM

I'm so jealous of all you people getting The Girl of Fire and Thorns! I'm really excited for that one.


Alison Can Read wrote: Sun Jul 10, 05:24:00 PM

Great set! I really enjoyed Waterfall. And I want to read Girl of Fire and Thorns.
My IMM


Tara wrote: Sun Jul 10, 09:25:00 PM

I've seen Waterfall around lately and I'm super intrigued by it. I'll be interested in seeing your review. Also, YAY Harper titles! Hope you enjoy them :)

Here's what books I received in my mailbox this week :)


Unknown wrote: Sun Jul 10, 10:15:00 PM

I am really looking forward to A Beautiful Dark. Great pile!
Thanks for the visit:)
Happy Reading!
Sonny @ Literary Junkie


Anonymous wrote: Sun Jul 10, 10:50:00 PM

I really want to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns! Hopefully I can get my greedy hands on a copy soon :)


Vy wrote: Sun Jul 10, 11:23:00 PM

Really awesome books this week :) I have read Hereafter so I'm really curious what you'll think of it.


Wendy Darling wrote: Mon Jul 11, 12:06:00 AM

The girl on the Beautiful Dark cover *does* look a little awkward. :) Happy reading!


Unknown wrote: Mon Jul 11, 03:28:00 AM

A great haul! Awesome stuff... I can't wait to read Hereafter :)
Check out what's In My Mailbox

Mia @ Gripped into Books


Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Mon Jul 11, 09:58:00 AM

Oh, so many great looking covers! Waterfall is new to me. I hope you enjoy them all.


Natalie wrote: Mon Jul 11, 11:44:00 PM

Dying to hear what you think about The Girl of Fire and Thorns!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores