follow friday (11)

This week's question courtesy of Parajunkee's Follow Friday is:


Q: Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from?
I know that this is going to be a popular answer, but first I would have to say J.K. Rowling. I would love to know all there is to know about Snape and how she felt while writing the books, etc, over a cuppa. Having briefly, briefly met George R. R. Martin (or GRRM) at his signing he is definitely someone I would want to sit down with for a drink and a hearty meal at a pub and just discuss everything and anything. Including Tyrion, Ned, and Davos. I wouldn't want to know spoilers because there's nothing better than experience a book for the first time.

I also think I'd like to chat with Suzanne Collins. I'd really like to know how it was to write the Hunger Games series. If it were me I would probably have to take copious amounts of breaks and breathers (especially after Rue and at the end and Prim and...you get the idea!) just from the topic at hand. For writing advice I think I'd love to talk to Veronica Roth.

I'm aiming to post a review tomorrow, although I'm not sure for which book. Let's call it review roulette.

18 comments on "follow friday (11)"

Unknown wrote: Thu Jul 21, 11:33:00 PM

I would love to meet Suzanne Collins and JK Rowling too! I would be sooo intimidated by JK Rowling; she is a goddess :}
Thanks for the visit. Old follower, Yay!!
Happy Friday!!


Alissa wrote: Fri Jul 22, 12:09:00 AM

Who wouldn't want to sit down with JK? That'd be wonderful.

As for Collins, I'd have to ask her about Cinna, Finnick and Annie.


Monica wrote: Fri Jul 22, 12:24:00 AM

I chose JK too! I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to talk to her and pick her brain on all the intricacies of the series! Collins is another great choice. I absolutely adore The Hunger Games and I admire Katniss!

New Follower, Happy Hoppin!
Monica
http://monicamustread.blogspot.com/


We Heart YA wrote: Fri Jul 22, 12:40:00 AM

JK for sure. And actually we'd like to meet Stephenie Meyer, who didn't dream of being a writer like so many of us do, who didn't know Twilight would become this phenomenon, who has faced SO much criticism and belittlement, who at the end of the day is a "normal" mom and wife and sister and daughter too.

Last but definitely not least, probably Robin McKinley. Her style is so different from the norm, so beautiful and rich. We'd love to hear from a seasoned, quiet pro.


LoveOfBooks wrote: Fri Jul 22, 01:17:00 AM

Suzanne Collins would be really cool to talk with. Even though I haven't read the Harry Potter series, JKR would still be a great person to chat with.

~Christy @ Love of Books
New follower


Obsession with Books wrote: Fri Jul 22, 05:23:00 AM

Hi & Happy Friday!

Great author picks..

My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice weekend :)


Unknown wrote: Fri Jul 22, 06:02:00 AM

Great answer, specially the part of George R. R. Martin, I'd love to meet him too and talk about the wonderful world he created.

This is my Feature & Follow Friday, please feel free to pass by and have a look. Oh, and I'm a new follower :D
Hugs!


Anonymous wrote: Fri Jul 22, 07:07:00 AM

New follower. For as popular as jk rowlings and Suzanne collins are, I really haven't seen too many people choosing them on this hop. I wonder why?

New follower.


Rie Conley wrote: Fri Jul 22, 07:31:00 AM

I would love to read a interview with those questions for J.K. Rowling!

New follower!

Rie @ Mission to Read


Tristan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 10:37:00 AM

Hey, love your blog name. I'm not an e-book kind of gal either, I like holding the book in my hands. Way more fun. Great author picks.New follower, Happy FF ;)
Tristan @Reads With Wreckless Abandon


Sonia wrote: Fri Jul 22, 10:59:00 AM

JKR for sure - who wouldn't want to hold her hostage? Um... by that I mean, have a nice conversation. Of course. *cough*

I haven't read anything by GRRM but especially after the show started, I've been hearing a lot about his books. I'll have to give them a shot!


Kristin Aragon wrote: Fri Jul 22, 12:16:00 PM

I love Suzanne Collins! She is an awesome author!

Just Hopping by to show some love!
New Follower and New to Follow Fridays!

~Kristin


Aimee wrote: Fri Jul 22, 12:31:00 PM

I haven't read Collin's series yet but I'm going to! I'm a new follower. My answers are up at Coffee Table Reviews.


Unknown wrote: Fri Jul 22, 01:19:00 PM

Suzanne Collins is on my list this week too! Great choices all around! You can see who else I chose over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books!
Have a great weekend!
Courtney
*new follower


Alison Can Read wrote: Fri Jul 22, 08:37:00 PM

Hopping through. I definitely agree with JK Rowling. Cool that you met GRR Martin. I still need to read Game of Thrones.
My Hop


Dawn wrote: Fri Jul 22, 10:50:00 PM

Martin would be interesting to talk with, especially in light of the way some of his readers accused him of sitting around doing nothing! ha!

Recent follower. Did my first FF today. :)

Dawn @Read Love


grace wrote: Mon Jul 25, 02:43:00 AM

I totally agree about J.K. and Snape. I would also have to give her a good scolding about how she treated him.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm an old follower.


Anja K. wrote: Wed Jul 27, 10:38:00 PM

Thanks for coming by my blog last week, sorry this response is so late! I'd love to get recommendations of good sci fi/fantasy books if you have some.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores