in my mailbox (10)

I somehow forgot it was Sunday. Sunday is my Saturday and so the weekend is just beginning for me and always throws me off. That said, I've been waiting for today because I have some fabulous things that I've received lately!


The package I've been anticipating from Simon Audio came on Wednesday!

I was ridiculously excited when I saw this, as I'm a pretty fierce environmentalist:
Our Choice, Al Gore

It's signed by the Vice President! The little scratching on the G was from my nail, trying to see if it were printed on or not. It's not. I'll listen to this one next.

This is what I'm currently listening to:

I've wanted to see this film and read the book since I first heard about it but the timing never worked out. And although I saw this book on at the library so many times I could never check it out as this story is too visceral to know in words. The fact that it's read by the author makes it all the more better. My library has its own theatre for films and will be showing this at the end of the month. On the 27th, I believe, probably not by coincidence. Hopefully I can listen to it all by then. (I'm listening to it now and it's really interesting.)

Thank you so much to Simon & Schuster for these and many more. I'm so thrilled and am really enjoying them.

But wait! I received something else on Wednesday:
The Kingdom of Childhood, Rebecca Coleman

I won a copy of this during Armchair Bea and it just arrived from Harlequin! The cover is gorgeous and matte. I'm looking forward to reading this one as it handles some pretty tough issues, but it will be a nice chance of pace. Goodreads says that it comes out in September, but the book says October.

There's something else that I'll be receiving that I'll leave off until it arrives. Because that'll get a post all of its own.

 A belated Happy Canada Day to all of my northern friends and Happy Fourth of July to all of my fellow Americans! I hope you guys have a great holiday. My birthday is coming up this week (Friday!) and so I won't be around for the weekend. I'll try and get some fun things in before then. I can't wait to see what you've all are up to!

7 comments on "in my mailbox (10)"

Jessica (Peace Love Books) wrote: Sun Jul 03, 04:01:00 PM

I loved 127 Hours the movie and I've been meaning to read the book for a while now. I hope you enjoy all you got! Here's my IMM! Happy reading!

-Jessica (Peace Love Books)


Jennifer A wrote: Sun Jul 03, 07:31:00 PM

127 hours is insane! Oh man, I cannot imagine being stuck in that situation. The movie was just bananas. Wow. I should read the book.


Alissa wrote: Sun Jul 03, 08:30:00 PM

WHOA. Awesome haul.


Brett @ Demons Read Too wrote: Sun Jul 03, 08:35:00 PM

I thought you'd gotten a heap of dvds a first. That's a lot of audiobooks. Hope you enjoy listening. I tried one once, but the narrator irked me that I never finished it and went and bought the paperback.

Thanks for stopping by earlier.


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Mon Jul 04, 03:50:00 PM

@Jessica: The audiobook is intense, but I like it, especially since the author is narrating it - it almost feels like I'm revisiting the experience. No one else could tell that story the way he does.

@Jen A: I can't wait to see it! Thank you, library!

@Alissa: It came at the perfect time, too! I had such a difficult time at school with getting classes set and here I have these two fabulous things waiting for me at home. Definitely brightened my day. :)

@Brett: Haha, I'm sure it must have freaked my parents out. The box apparently weighs 30lbs! I'm trying my way through them now and it's actually going pretty well. You're right, though, I have to be on the same wavelength as the narrator else it doesn't mesh for me.


Cait wrote: Mon Jul 04, 06:52:00 PM

wow at all those audiobooks! awesome!! Thanks for stopping by my blog =]

The Cait Files


Cait wrote: Mon Jul 04, 06:52:00 PM

wow at all those audiobooks! awesome!! Thanks for stopping by my blog =]

The Cait Files


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores