"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event courtesy of Breaking the Spine that showcases much anticipated upcoming releases.


from goodreads:
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.

When I first read the summary for this one I wasn't convinced. I loved the cover, but the phrasing of the title is what caught my eye and pulled me in. The synopsis is rather short and doesn't tell too much, yet every time I read a review for this book someone else mentions something different that they like: the characters, the writing, the surprise - you name it. This is seemingly a story that's loved by all sorts of different people and so I'm curious to know what makes it so alluring. It's on my to pre-order list for sure.

7 comments on "waiting on wednesday (10): the unbecoming of mara dyer"

Unknown wrote: Wed Jul 06, 08:26:00 PM

I'm also curious about this book, I've seen a lot of countdown counters on other people's blogs :) Can't wait to read it and see what it's all about.


Melissa (i swim for oceans) wrote: Wed Jul 06, 10:12:00 PM

Yes! I have (two) ARCs of this, and I'll be giving one away, so be on the lookout for it! :)


Jenny wrote: Thu Jul 07, 12:02:00 AM

I love the cover, the name and the synopsis of this one! I can't wait!


Hannah Mariska wrote: Thu Jul 07, 10:20:00 AM

You're right, the cover is gorgeous. I can't wait to read this either!


Kelsey wrote: Thu Jul 07, 02:34:00 PM

I am definitely looking forward to reading this. It sounds like it's going to be awesome!


kathy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 06:45:00 PM

This one looks so interesting. I've heard some good things about it, so it's on my TBR too. :)


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Thu Jul 07, 06:58:00 PM

@Jinny Me too! I'm really hoping I don't have my expectations too high, but I don't think that'll be the case with this one.

@Melissa: You are fabulous! Well, you're fabulous anyhow, but I'm excited for a chance. Thanks for the heads up!

@Jenny: It really does seem like this book is a great package all around. :)

@Hannah: That really is one gorgeous photo. I wish they'd post a video about the art direction here like they just did with The Iron Knight!

@Kelsey: I think it'll be amazing, too!

@kathy: Interesting really is a good word for it - I'm not that sure what it's about, which is great, because I love jumping into a book and figuring it all out while I read.


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores