in my mailbox (14)

Feeling a little bleary after waking up at 3.30 to register for Pottermore but: mission accomplished, so here's what's been hanging out in my mailbox for this past week!


Purchased:
Stork, Wendy DelSol
The Maze Runner, James Dashner
Sunshine, Robin McKinley

Since I have the second book the series, Frost, for review I needed to pick up Stork. The cover for Stork loses its brilliance when translated to pixels - it has a lovely matte feel and a shimmer to it that you can't see in a picture. I've been mainly looking for paperbacks that at Border's as that's where the discount's better and when I saw Amy & Roger's Epic Detour sitting on the shelf I knew it was coming home with me. (It's actually the perfect sunny summer day out to read it...!) I've been wanting to read The Maze Runner forever now and now I can.  I didn't see The Scorch  Trials or else I'd have picked that up, too. And last but not least: Sunshine. The cover for this is a lovely holographic golden yellow with textured swirls and at about $6 or so I thought it was time I read a Robin McKinley novel.

What's in your mailbox, folks?

21 comments on "in my mailbox (14)"

Grace Fonseca wrote: Sun Jul 31, 10:02:00 AM

What pretty covers and what a nice looking blog. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.


Jules wrote: Sun Jul 31, 10:03:00 AM

I nearly didn't recognise Amy and Roger's Epic detour - the UK cover is so different!

Great books - Happy reading :)


Kim@Time2Read wrote: Sun Jul 31, 10:04:00 AM

I've been wanting to read Stork, simply because I love the cover. I didn't realize it is part of a series. Guess I'll have to start at the beginning. Hope you enjoy!


Anonymous wrote: Sun Jul 31, 11:26:00 AM

Great digs. Sunshine looks awesome!
Here's my IMM: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox18.html


Anonymous wrote: Sun Jul 31, 11:39:00 AM

I really enjoyed Stork! I need to read Amy and Roger soon! Happy Reading!


Anonymous wrote: Sun Jul 31, 12:17:00 PM

Ah! Amy and Roger! LOVED that book! I hope you enjoy it. Stork was different. I liked it, didn't love it, but I hope you enjoy it :)

♥Trish
Just a YA Girl


Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling wrote: Sun Jul 31, 12:52:00 PM

you got some great books this week! I really want Amy and Rogers epic detour and The Maze Runner sounds brilliant! I hope you enjoy!


Kelly wrote: Sun Jul 31, 12:53:00 PM

I love Amy & Roger's Epic Detour! It's one of my favorite reads this year. I liked Stork, too. Happy reading!


Stephanie Mooney wrote: Sun Jul 31, 01:16:00 PM

I absolutely ADORE Robin McKinley! She's one of my favorite authors. I'm curious to hear what you think about Sunshine, because I haven't read that one yet.


Unknown wrote: Sun Jul 31, 01:45:00 PM

The Maze Runner is one of my favorite books. Stork looks super pretty, but I haven't read it yet :D

Happy Reading!My IMM


Laura (All the Word's a Page) wrote: Sun Jul 31, 01:59:00 PM

I got Amy & Roger's Epic Detour this week too! Haven't read it yet though, I hope it's awesome and that you like it.

Here's my IMM: http://bit.ly/qadpcl


Alison Can Read wrote: Sun Jul 31, 02:32:00 PM

Great set! I loved Sunshine, but it is different from most of Robin's books. I want to read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour.
My IMM


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Sun Jul 31, 02:59:00 PM

Great mailbox! I'm really looking forward to reading Stork, I have it from the library! Enjoy!


Shelbie, Amanda and Jenni wrote: Sun Jul 31, 03:34:00 PM

Some great books! I loved Maze Runner and really want to read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. Enjoy!

my post is here: http://themortalslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox15-vlog.html

also, new follower!

- Amanda


Chloe Booklover wrote: Sun Jul 31, 05:10:00 PM

I have Amy & Roger on my shelf along with The Maze Runner... I've got to get to those! Also, the cover for Sunshine looks very pretty! I wish I lived in the US so I could go to the Borders closing sales...
My IMM


Bailey wrote: Sun Jul 31, 09:41:00 PM

I adore Stork!! =) I am looking forward to reading Frost when I can eventually get to my October review pile. =P Hope you enjoy all the others as well. =)


Marla wrote: Mon Aug 01, 01:51:00 AM

Hi, Kaye! Thanks for stopping by. :) I love Robin McKinley's books. I haven't read Sunshine yet, but I really enjoyed Spindle's End (a Sleeping Beauty variation) and Deerskin (a variation on a Brothers Grimm story), plus a couple of others besides. I hope you enjoy!


Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict wrote: Mon Aug 01, 10:03:00 AM

I've been hoping to read The Maze Runner soon. Vacation is coming, and I need to choose which books to bring. Happy reading!


Dawn Kurtagich wrote: Mon Aug 01, 10:55:00 AM

All those have gorgeous covers!
http://dawnkurtagich.blogspot.com/


Unknown wrote: Mon Aug 01, 03:04:00 PM

I would love to read Amy and Rodger's Epic detour. Great picks!
Here is my IMM:
http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-12.html
Happy Reading :}


YA Book Queen wrote: Mon Aug 01, 03:37:00 PM

Yay for Stork and The Maze Runner! Both rock :D

Happy reading!


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores