follow friday (12) & cover love (2)

I've been without power for the last day and a half and so it's been difficult to post. Here's to playing catch-up!

This week's question courtesy of Parajunkee's Follow Friday is:

Q: Let's step away from books for a second and get personal. What t-shirt slogan best describes you?
I knew immediately that it would have to do with music, and what is the love of my musical life? Well, the answer was easy. 

could I have been anyone other than me? - 'dancing nancies', dmb


Next up is... cover love! Courtesy of Melissa at iswimforoceans.

Top: ARC; Bottom: US Cover, UK Cover

Author: Erin Morgenstern
Publisher: Knopf Doubleday
Publish Date: September 13, 2011
Genre: YA/Adult
Fun Fact: The US edition previously had a different cover design, which you can see here. Another fabulous thing is that Jim Dale will be recording the audio version - another instant buy.
Why I Have Cover Lust: I didn't have to get past the name to know that I would love this book. However the covers are so magical in a way that I haven't seen in a while. I'm a fan of simplistic design and it's here it's done so well: little embellishments here and there (the font on both US and UK covers), the contrasting colors with hints of red to make it pop, and the fantastic sense of cohesion between the two of them. My favorite bit is actually on the ARC where it says: This Advanced Reader's Edition Entitles The Holder To Unlimited Admission. Not For Sale - Violators Will Be Exsanguinated.

I am so, so incredibly excited for this book. I think I'll have to buy them both for the covers, and I'd love to have one of those beautiful ARCs, too!

2 comments on "follow friday (12) & cover love (2)"

Melissa (i swim for oceans) wrote: Sat Jul 30, 10:30:00 PM

I love those covers - the silhouette idea is just stunning, and I love the title! Thanks for linking up and sharing! :)


Jen (@ Jens Book Closet) wrote: Sun Jul 31, 12:11:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE the cover of The Night Circus! I've loved it every time I see it. I think it's the mystery of the design in reference to what the book actually contains. (hopefully that made sense). But seriously, I do love that cover. So excited to get my hands on that one!

Jen
In the Closet With a Bibliophile


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores