shiver and stop-motion animation

This is a huge hyperbole, but, I'm sure I'm the last person in the world to have seen this. Although that may be the case I wanted to share it anyone, regardless, as I find it it to be startlingly beautiful. Stop-motion is one of my favorite types of animation because ultimately it takes a labor of love to create all of the individual pieces and shots and frames to sew it all together to create the picture in your mind. Paired with hauntingly lovely music (self-composed and performed), well, I have to say that I am stunned.

stop-motion trailer for shiver by maggie stiefvater

8 comments on "shiver and stop-motion animation"

Unknown wrote: Mon Jul 25, 09:21:00 PM

I have never read these books yet either. You and I seem to be the only ones. And now, it looks like I'm alone in that... Funny. Beautiful. Hope they are awesome!


Melissa (i swim for oceans) wrote: Tue Jul 26, 12:01:00 AM

I might not like this series, but this is stunning. Fabulous! :)


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Tue Jul 26, 01:00:00 AM

@Sonny I only just finished Shiver and I liked it more than I anticipated, mainly due to Maggie's beautiful writing. I'm glad I read it on my own time because I think I'm able to appreciate it better without all of the buzz. The stop-motion trailer for Forever is also gorgeous.

@Melissa Isn't it lovely? And I'm curious to know what's up with the series that didn't work for you. If things go downhill I'm perfectly content to stop here after Shiver.


Natalie wrote: Tue Jul 26, 09:16:00 AM

Haha ya I saw this a while ago...and while I didn't like the books I really enjoyed this stop-motion...I actually liked the one for Forever better! If you havent seen it yet here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbcYV19hkLY&feature=related . I liked the mixture of the paper with a real background. There is one for Linger as well!


kathy wrote: Tue Jul 26, 02:16:00 PM

That's really cool. I hadn't seen any of those animations before, so I went and watched all of them. :) These books maybe haven't been the best thing I've ever read but I thought they were interesting. I'll have to read the last one before I make up my mind on the series.


kaye (paper reader) wrote: Tue Jul 26, 10:30:00 PM

@Natalie I like the one for Forever better, too, but I liked the music in this one more.

I've only read Shiver so far and I really liked it, but I'm not sure if I want to continue on with the next two.

@kathy Aren't they neat? I thought they were lovely and was wholly impressed by the effort that went into creating them.


Rabbit wrote: Thu Jul 28, 03:58:00 PM

I read Shiver last year, and I thought it was alright, but this is a really beautiful video! I haven't seen it before, don't worry, you aren't the only one!

Rumana @ Relook the Book


Shelbie, Amanda and Jenni wrote: Sun Jul 31, 03:36:00 PM

Have you seen her trailer for forever? I really like that one.

- Amanda


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores