in my mailbox (13)

With over 20 books (half were birthday presents from my mum with today's trip to Borders) in this week's In My Mailbox, I had to do a video blog. And although I always think it's going to be easier, I put much more time into editing it (and I made some mistakes!) than I do filming it. Unlike this time I did some  cutting and didn't do it all in one take, so that was a fun process. Anyhow, enjoy! I'm looking forward to catching up with you all to see what you've received!


I have no idea why I'm making that face in the still - trust me, I've changed it to something else but it's going to take a few hours to go through the system.


Books mentioned:
Divergent, Veronica Roth
Paranormalcy, Kiersten White
Passion, Lauren Kate
Hourglass, Myra McEntire
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs
The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood
The Giver, Lows Lowry
Speak, Laurie Halse Anderson
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Junot Díaz
On The Road, Jack Kerouac
The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury
Linger & Shiver, Maggie Stiefvater
The Demon Trapper's Daughter, Jana Oliver
The Forst of Hands and Teeth & The Dead-Tossed Waves, Carrie Ryan
White Cat & Red Glove, Holly Black
If I Stay, Gayle Forman
Everwild, Neal Shusterman
Thirteen Reasons Why, Jay Asher


One book I must have accidentally edited out but am super excited about:
by Catherynne M. Valente

Thank you to Lea at YA Book Queen for the giveaway and to Feiwel & Friends for providing a finished copy. This book looks amazing, and I've heard such wonderful things about the writing. I'll be sneaking this one in soon.

I hope you've all had a great weekend!

20 comments on "in my mailbox (13)"

Anonymous wrote: Sun Jul 24, 09:29:00 PM

If I Stay is soo good! I have also heard so many good things about The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a ship of Her Own Making! Great IMM!


Alyssa Nelson wrote: Sun Jul 24, 09:48:00 PM

You have some really good books to look forward to. The Book Thief is one of my favorite books ever (it ranks just below Harry Potter :P) and I really liked Thirteen Reasons Why, The Handmaid's Tale, Speak, and Fahrenheit 451. Can't wait to see what you think of them!


Anonymous wrote: Sun Jul 24, 09:51:00 PM

Ooohh, you got so many great books! I won't go through and list all of the ones I love, but seriously great selection! I especially love Paranormalcy and Thirteen Reasons Why.

I hope you enjoy them all!


We Heart YA wrote: Sun Jul 24, 10:21:00 PM

A) How CUTE are you?! (Answer: Very.)

B) SO many good books on that list!

C) We got The Girl Who... too! Can't wait to read it. :)


Harpreet Singh wrote: Sun Jul 24, 10:29:00 PM

WOOT!! So many awesome books this week!! That's so awesome that you found out you won Paranormalcy on your birthday!! Probably the best present anyone can give us book bloggers is a book! Aha, enjoy your books!

Happy Reading!!
~Harpreet
xoxo


Vy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 10:38:00 PM

Wow really awesome books! 20? Jealous! Hope you'll get a chance to enjoy all of your books.


Marla wrote: Sun Jul 24, 10:44:00 PM

Twenty books! That is awesome! You've got some that are pretty high up on my to-buy list. I hope you have fun with them all. :)


Jennifer A wrote: Sun Jul 24, 11:24:00 PM

Yay for a vlog!

I think it's funny we did the opposite of each other. This week I did it all in one take, and you edited yours. lol

Oh, Paranormalcy! I really want to pick up a copy of that.

I haven't read The Giver or the Book Theif either! I need to pick up a copy.


I didn't notice that Shiver was Blue until someone pointed out that Linger was green! LOL It's funny that we both posted it. :)


chelle (crazytrinket) wrote: Sun Jul 24, 11:50:00 PM

wow! awesome haul!, i love almost all the books that you mentioned!

enjoy reading!

here's my IMM: http://crazytrinket.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-is-meme-hosted-by-kristi.html


Melissa (i swim for oceans) wrote: Mon Jul 25, 01:47:00 AM

Oh, Fahrenheit 451 is one of my all-time favourite books. I really need to buy another copy. Fabulous mailbox, girl! :)


Brett @ Demons Read Too wrote: Mon Jul 25, 07:03:00 AM

Awesome mailbox Kaye! You got a heap of great books there.

I haven't started the Maggie Stiefvater books yet either, I've got them ordered from Amazon though. I think I might be the same, werewolves aren't really my thing. I prefer characters on two legs rather than four. Just noticed from your video and thought I'd point out that Shiver is the first book so you don't go and start in the middle of the series.


Erika wrote: Mon Jul 25, 08:38:00 AM

Shiver's good, lingers okay. (just making sure you know, shiver's the first book, then linger) the font didn't mess me up untill one page was for some reason really dark, then the next looked like they were running out of ink. I have no idea why it did that.


Sonia wrote: Mon Jul 25, 09:37:00 AM

Wow, amazing books! I can't wait to read Hourglass :) I believe I won that one but it was a while ago and I'm thinking it might have been US only (even though they never said that). I don't know though - wouldn't you TELL the person after they gave you their address that they're weren't getting the book? AM I CRAZY? (Answer: Yes).

I LOVED If I Stay - one of my favourite books! Thirteen Reasons Why is amazing as well.

Happy reading!


Stephanie Mooney wrote: Mon Jul 25, 12:42:00 PM

Your video is sooo cute!!

I'm excited about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I can't wait to read it.

Loved Fahrenheit 451 and If I Stay.


Jenny wrote: Mon Jul 25, 02:30:00 PM

Oooo! Lots of fun books!


Hannah Mariska wrote: Mon Jul 25, 02:43:00 PM

Wow, so many books!
I'm excited about The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making too!


Natalie wrote: Mon Jul 25, 06:10:00 PM

OMG you are going to love The Giver! And Margaret Atwood is the best (Yay Canadian authors)! I just ordered Oryx and Crake by her online yesterday :) White Cat and Red Glove are also on my favourite YA list! I also haven't read The Book Thief yet...its on my to-due list :P So pretty much you got an amazing book haul this week! Super jealous!! Happy reading :)


Unknown wrote: Mon Jul 25, 09:18:00 PM

That is quite the pile of lovelies! I have to admit, I am a lil bit jealous of some of the spectacular books that you have found! I think that my next purchase will have to be The Demon Trapper's Daughter. Soooo want it! Oh, and Speak?? Amazing. Read it many, many times in high school, and then just had to buy it. Hope it speaks to you.
Anywho, thanks for the visit!!
And, it was good to kinda meet you. Lol, I don't normally watch vlogs. I know, sassy me. :}


Christy @ TheReaderBee wrote: Tue Jul 26, 09:59:00 AM

Great mailbox! I'm so glad you received Hourglass. I really hope you enjoy it, and all your other awesome books!


Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) wrote: Tue Jul 26, 06:52:00 PM

You have a nice list of books in your mailbox this week. Divergent is on my TBR list. I hope you like it.
Happy Reading,
Book Sniffers Anonymous


Post a Comment

Welcome!

I am presently on hiatus into the foreseeable future. You can find me on twitter, tumblr, or my writing website, wooordsea.com

See you there!

fellow book lovers!

grab my button!

subscribe via e-mail!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Shop Indie Bookstores